Superintendent of Highways
Larry Straight Cell phone: (518) 637-3702
5648 Cascade Road, Suite #2
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Office phone: (518) 523-9081
Office fax: (518) 523-7365
Road Clean Up Schedule 2017- Starting approximately April 18, 2017 (weather permitting)
* Craig Wood Lane, Liberty Hill, Sentinel Heights, Church Street, Snowberry Lane area
* Mirror Lake Drive, Northwood School area
* River Road, Deerwood Trails, John Brown and Bear Cub Road area
* Whiteface Inn Road, Old Barn Road, Carolyn Road area
* Averyville Road Town side roads
* Algonquin Lane, Iroquois Lane, West Valley Road, Cummins Road
* Raybrook Road area
* Adirondack Loj Road
To provide safe and dependable service for all our residents and visitors.
The Highway Department staff includes the Highway Superintendent, the deputy Highway Superintendent, an assistant to the Superintendent, and four equipment operators.
The Highway Department staff maintain and operate the following equipment:
- Two (2) tandem axle plow trucks with sanders
- One (1) single axle plow truck with sander
- One (1) one-ton plow truck with sander
- One (1) tandem axle dump truck
- One (1) single axle dump truck (water tank)
- Two (2) half-ton pick-up trucks
- Three (3) front end loaders (rubber tires)
- One (1) excavator (rubber tires)
- One (1) road grader
- One (1) Tennant street sweeper
- One (1) drum roller (rubber tires)
The Highway Department is responsible for: the general maintenance of paved and gravel roads, bridges, culverts, ditches, and signs; and ice and snow removal (i.e., sanding and plowing). The Highway Department maintains 30.88 miles of Town roads and 15.70 miles of Essex County roads.
In the spring of each year I will provide a road sweeping schedule. I will also provide in a timely fashion a schedule of paving projects.